Home » All Question » Uninstall Zone Alarm
Uninstall Zone Alarm ?
One months ago I installed Zone Alarm Pro trial version on my server since it was required for the security reasons. When its trial period expired then it was locking all the networks completely and I was unable to even ping from one computer to another and I hope that after uninstalling it the problem may solve. When I tried uninstalling Zone Alarm then a message appear that “GLB7D98.tmp has stopped working”. I again tried to reboot it in safe mode but nothing happens. Please give me some ideas about fix this problem.
The first thing that you can use is the Zone Alarm Removal tool that you can download it by visiting http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/free/support/cpes_clean.exe link. Make sure that you are logged in with administrator privileges while using this tool. If this does not worked then you need to uninstall it normally from Start > Programs > ZoneAlarm Menu. If it does not works then you need to uninstall Zone Alarm manually. For that follow the steps below:
- Restart Your PC in safe mode by pressing F8 key when windows starts booting
- Click on Start > My Computer
- Go to Tools > Folder Options > show hidden files and folders and remove the check from “Hide Protected Operating system files (Recommended)”
- Choose yes and then OK
- Double click on c: and open the Program files folder
- Right Click on the Zone Labs folder and delete it
- If you are using other zone Labs products then don\'t delete the Zone Labs folder and go to the folder and delete the Zone Alarm folder (if present)
- You have to delete following files that are present in System 32 folder. The files are:
- Clean your Temp directory by visiting Start > Run > %temp% and OK. Select all the files and delete them
- If you are using windows xp then you should clear the prefetch folder. For that visit Start > Run and type Prefetch and click OK. Select all the files and delete them
- Open the Registry Editor. To open it type regedit in Run Dialog Box and press OK
- Remove all the related registry entries that are listed below:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\Software\\Zone Labs
- Close the Registry editor and empty Recycle Bin
- Reboot your computer
If you think that these steps are too difficult for you then you can use the professional uninstaller programs to completely uninstall Zone Alarm from Your PC. These are available as freeware and shareware. All you need to do is to find them and use them on your PC.
Know the Answer? Share it...
Uninstall Zone Alarm ?
Unable to Uninstall AdAware SE ?
Uninstalling Age of Empires III completely from computer ?
Uninstall Avira Antivir Personal Completely ?
Uninstalling Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Ultimate Vice City mod? ?
Uninstalling Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.44 ?
How do I uninstall alpha antivirus from computer ?
Uninstall Windows Live Messenger on Windows Vista ?
Uninstall Need for Speed Underground 2 ?
How to Remove Games in Windows XP ?
Uninstalling Gaming Software ?